Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Matthew continued




So many stories about Matthew. I have always said, "stitches or tears". These two sketches were done while Matthew was at children's hospital. One was done as I listened to the beeping of machines he was hooked up to for the night. This was for a sleep study. This is required for anyone who will be getting ear tubes. The study showed that Matthew had central sleep apnea. This means that his brain was not sending the message to his body to breath. It would just forget to breath. The other was done while we waited for a bed to open up. We were in a side room for about five hours just waiting again. (For a period there when people asked me what I did for a living, I used to say" I'm a professional waiter. I am always sitting in hospitals and Dr. offices waiting and waiting and waiting). This time Matthew had pneumonia and was dehydrated and quite lethargic but not enough for them to think he was in danger. He just couldn't stay awake . The third is of the day he was born. A day we would soon learn, brought a bundle with more than we had bargained for.
1 comments

1 Comments:

Blogger I Am: Anna Lovely Day said...

Your stories give me a window to see what your life was like when Mathew was sick. You are an inspiration and I admire your strength. Writing will be good for you and for many of us who have no idea what you must be going through.

Is the Angel a new piece?

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home