Thursday, February 10, 2011

ANOTHER DEEP BREATH.

Yes it's me again. The one who remembers the line "All the worlds a stage". Oh I didn't mean to take it literally. It just happened that way. One day I was walking along , minding my own business and the next day I was Matthews mom! You can't imagine the fear coursing through my brain . I new nothing of this. But boy I do now. it's a whole new world and i am changed forever. All those things my mother tried to teach me about life, and love, and understanding. Patience, compassion, tolerance, Bam! Gone in an instant. gone when you find yourself in the middle of the neighborhood market sitting on top of your 12 year old child and he beneath you kicking and screaming, kicking up hell for all the world to see! Oh the jeers and the stares and the call Children's Services looks. And in the middle of it all, I'm thinking "Great" and "I'm going to be arrested on top of it all. My children will be taken away from me. I The incompetent mother"………As it turned out it didn't go down that way. the security guard came over took a look at us and asked if everything was okay. I looked up at him from my perch on top of Matthew and said "Yeah. He's just having a tantrum. We'll be okay soon". He said "Okay", and walked away. Had he any idea of the relief I felt ? Had he any understanding of the difficulties I have faced in the public arena trying to cope with this child's unusual and trying behaviors? The unsolicited advice from those in the " know", ( of which there are many), His calm behavior was a welcomed response considering all the things that could have happened. I have images of the bank nightmare where the manager called the sheriffs on me (a story for another time). I sought him out a few days later to thank him. He told me that in another store that he worked at they used to bring in groups with special needs. He had seen them act out so he was not surprised. Nothing unusual here..................thank goodness..........................................
0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home